Colonists are members of the expedition to Aven Prime, whose goal is to establish humanity's first extra-solar domain. They are men and women from all walks of life and it's your goal as colonial governor to ensure that they can settle Aven Prime without unnecessary complications. Colonists are responsible for manning the colony's buildings and ensuring that structures remain functional. Only automated buildings don't require workers and those are few and far in between.
Notably, once your colony reaches 100 colonists, referendums begin. Colonists can vote to kick you out and unless you get an absolute majority of votes (51%) or more, your tenure ends. Voting occurs every 3 sols.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
- Morale is a critical characteristic. Unhappy colonists are less productive, while protesters don't work altogether. At minimum, colonists need food, water, air quality, and employment to be happy.
- Food is critical. Every colonist consumes food at a rate of circa 0.1 - 0.2 unit per hour. Inadequate food supply causes starvation and death - unless you are voted out, of course.
- Health determines how long the colonists can chug along without keeling over. Plague spores, inadequate food supply, and low air quality contribute to deteriorating health.
- Every colonist needs a habitat. Always keep a spare margin, to reduce crowding and ensure that any overflow is accommodated, rather than euthanized.
- Morale and performance can be directly modified by providing enhancers to the colonists, but require enhancer dispensaries.