The colony is hermetically sealed to counterbalance Aven's low-oxygen atmosphere, so air qualitycan deteriorate quickly.
Overview[edit | edit source]
- Air quality is a major contributor to morale. Insufficient quality will rapidly drive happiness down, leading to discontent and protests, potentially fueling enough resentment to vote you out.
- And if it gets low enough health begins to suffer.
- Moreover, it's not as simple as plopping down a few intakes. You need to be proactive in your efforts to maintain air quality and deploy new intakes and fans on a regular basis. The reason? Air quality improves over time and it can take upwards of a sol to restore proper climate conditions in a colony.
- Geothermal vents on Aven Prime can erupt and send out large quantities of hydrogen sulfide. Yes, colonists can choke if an air intake draws one in.
- Air intakes work best when placed near pollutants (such as electricity structures) or intersections, where they can purify a large volume of air at once.
List of buildings providing air quality[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Placing one intake or filter per geothermal generator will help mitigate their very negative impact on air quality.
- Spreading both out throughout the colony and placing them where the air quality is the most efficient way of managing air quality.
- Ventilation Boost greatly increases output of intakes and filters and can be kept up indefinitely (or as long as you have battery power). There is no reason not to keep it active at all times.