Social policies are optional laws that you can pass if you win referendums. Almost all affect Freedom morale negatively, but can be useful in streamlining colony operations, such as reducing water and power consumption.
List of policies[edit | edit source]
|-20% food consumption||-7 to -11 Freedom morale|
|-20% water consumption||-7 to -11 Freedom morale|
|Stabilizes employment||- 1 to -3 Freedom morale|
|Stabilizes colony population||- 1 to -3 Freedom morale|
|Allows annoyed colonists to leave.|
|-2 electricity usage for habitats and skyscrapers||-2 to -4 Freedom morale|
|+10% colonist production||-7 to -9 Freedom morale|
|-8 to -12 Freedom morale|
|+3 to +5 Entertainment morale||+3 power usage at Habitats and Skyscrapers|
|Automates repair||-8 to -12 nanites per sol|
Other functionality[edit | edit source]
- The policy screen allows you to activate artifacts
- Charge: Instantly refills all batteries.
- Shielding: Creates a protective shield in a large radius around the containment unit.
- Unity: Maxes morale out.
- Cleansing: Instantly removes all plague and creep spores across the map, both airborne and already deployed.
- As well as and boosts:
- Ventilation Boost: Increases the effectiveness of all Intake Fans and Air Filters by 250%.
- Drone Boost: Increases the effectiveness of your Construction Drones by 250%.
- Plasma Boost: Reduces plasma turret cooldown by 50% (doubling the fire rate).
- Scrubber Boost: Increases the scrubbing speed by 200%.